Have you ever encountered the error message “No more internet handles can be allocated QuickBooks”? For the experienced QuickBooks users, it may be a known issue and they may be well familiar with the troubleshooting methods. However, for the less experienced or new users, such an error message may, certainly, create havoc. Why does this error message appear by the way? Well, it is not an unusual, unique, or unprecedented issue, nor is it an unsolvable one. It occurs when the internet server has no sufficient resources to support the service requests. Oftentimes, the error gets resolve all by itself. What you need is to stop using QuickBooks for some time and then re-launch it. However, in some instances, it may require some advanced troubleshooting.
Solutions of the problem
- Solution 1.
What is causing the present error? Well, this could be due to the overburdened browsers with caches or temporary files. So, deleting or clearing the internet cache may resolve the issue. For this, you can go to the settings of the browsers and find the option for clearing caches and perform the clearing task. The methods for clearing the caches in the internet browsers like the Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari etc may slightly different. However, it is not a difficult task to find the option under the browser settings. Even if you have the average knowledge of internet, you can clear the cache by selecting the browser settings and finding the option for clearing the cache.
- Solution 2
If the above troubleshooting method does not work, it is possible that the issue is being caused due to the Firewall of your computer . Here is how you can manually configure the firewall software and troubleshoot the issue:
- In the first place, press the ‘Start’ menu and enter ‘firewall’.
- Choose ‘Windows Firewall’ and then click ‘Advanced Settings’.
- Find and click ‘Inbound Rules’ and choose ‘New Rule’.
- Choose ‘Port’ and then press ‘Next’.
- Make sure that ‘TCP’ is selected. You should then type the year of QuickBooks on in the following ports.
- Press ‘Next’ and then ensure that ‘Allow the Connection’ is selected and press ‘Next’ once again.
- Rename the rule like QBPorts or something like this and click ‘Finish’.
- The same steps should be repeated for the ‘Outbound Rules’.
- Now you can try opening QuickBooks in the multi-user mode and check if the issue has been resolved.
In case the problem continues, you can contact the QuickBooks technical support professionals and get due support from them.