Is firewall blocking the internet access while working with QuickBooks? You may wonder that there is no internet access or connectivity issue with the programs on your computer. However, when you try using QuickBooks, you encounter the internet connectivity issue. Well, if you are internet connection is fine and QuickBooks is facing connectivity issue, it is possible that firewall is blocking the internet for some QuickBooks programs or features. Not to worry if you are facing this issue. It can be resolved. The QuickBooks experts have already devised the ways to solve the issue. And, you are not the first person to encounter this issue. You can easily learn resolving the issues in the paragraphs below.
Tip#1: Check is Windows Firewall Blocking QuickBooks Server?
Automatic Configuration of Firewall Ports- Steps
One of the best ways to configure the firewall settings for QuickBooks is by using the QuickBooks File Doctor. If this program is run, the firewall ports open automatically. Here is how you can follow the step by step process to automatically configure the firewall ports:
- Download and install the latest version of QuickBooks File Doctor in your computer. If the computer already has any previous versions, make sure that the old version of QuickBooks File Doctor is completely uninstalled.
- Once installed, the QuickBooks file Doctor will open automatically. If it doesn’t open, find the wrench icon on the taskbar of the Windows.
- Find your company file from the dropdown menu. If not, browse to find the company file and locate it.
- Choose either ‘Both file damage and network connectivity’ or ‘Network connectivity only’. You can opt to choose for the former if you suspect any damage in the file.
- Enter admin password for your company when prompted and click ‘Next’
- Select either Host/Server or Workstation. Choose the former one if QuickBooks is physically not installed in this particular computer system. If QuickBooks file is located in the current computer system; choose ‘Host/Server’.
- Click ‘Yes’ in case you are running the QuickBooks File Doctor on your server or host computer. Choose ‘No’ if you are running the QuickBooks File Doctor on your Workstation computer.
- Wait for a few minutes while the QuickBooks File Doctor completes diagnosing and resolving the issue.
- You can open QuickBooks file once diagnosis and repair get over.
Also, you can manually configure ports to the firewall. In case of any difficulties, you have all freedom to contact the QuickBooks tech support professionals and get their help.