Not to worry if you have lost the QuickBooks data. Data is highly important in modern days. It is the data upon which the entire business is dependent. Without doubt, almost all the programs dealing with data provide the data recovery options. And, QuickBooks is not an exception. In fact, it is one of the safest programs that ensure the safety, security, and recovery of data. So, there is no need to panic in case you are unable to recover the data while using QuickBooks. You can use QuickBooks auto data recovery feature and recover the data without undergoing any hassles.
- Create a new file on your desktop and name it ‘QBTest’.
- Open the folder that contains the company’s fila and find the corresponding .tlg file of the company.
- Copy this .tlg file and paste it to the QBTest folder you created on your desktop right now.
- Open QuickBooks and find the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder and open it.
- Copy QBW.adr file and paste it to QBTest folder. You can now see the .QBW.adr and .tlg file on the QBTest folder.
- Right click the QBTest and click .QBW.adr file and choose ‘Rename’.
- While renaming, delete .adr from the file’s end.
- Open QuickBooks and open QBTest folder. You can now use your account register and verify the presence of all the transactions.
- For ensuring the integrity of the file, run verify utility.
- If you find the data you wanted, you can move the damaged company file to some other locations and transfer the data from QBTest to its original location.
- Create new folder naming it QBTest.
- Open the company file and find QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder.
- Find .TLG.adr and QBW.adr files and copy from here and paste them to the QBTest folder you have created just now.
- In the QBTest folder, right click and choose ‘Rename’. While renaming, remove .adr from the end of the file’s name. This will enable you get the .qbw and .tlg files on the QBTest folder.
- Open QuickBooks save on the QBTest folder and verify using the account register feature.
- Also, run verify utility and ensure the integrity of the company file.
- If you are satisfied after verification, you can transfer this company file from QBTest folder to its original location after moving the damaged file to some other locations.
Tip#1: Know How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1904 in Easy Steps
Call QuickBooks Data Recovery Support Experts
However, you should bear in mind that the Auto Data Recovery feature is not available in all QuickBooks versions. So, you need to check whether your version of QuickBooks includes this feature. When you speak with our QuickBooks data recovery support team, then they will answer your questions you may have and accumulate some data from you regarding the current condition of your QuickBooks issues.