What is QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085? – The Reason
This error occurs while trying to open QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions or when you try to start your computer. The first thing that you will see when this type error occurs is one of these two:
- QBWC1085: QuickBooks was not being able to write into the log file. ThusQuickBooks will have to open without writing to log file.
- QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
Also in some of the cases, there is another option to be seen as followed: ExceptionTypeError: Unknown name.
This error basically happens when the file QWCLOG.TXT that the Web Connector Program uses, gets corrupted or becomes inaccessible.
Fixing the QuickBooks Error QBWC1085:
There are no of ways one can fix the errors. To find out keep reading.
Web Connector is used for connective web-based programs to QuickBooks. Now if QuickBooks is not connected to any third-party programs whatsoever, then simply remove Web Connector directly from the Startup Menu. But, if the data file has been connected to a third-party application which also uses the Web connector, then it is rather advisable to keep the Web Connector in the Startup Menu. You have to rewrite the QWCLOG.TXT file in order to fix this error.
There can be two possible case scenarios in this situation:
- If your company data is not connected to a third party program then in that case follow these steps:
- Log in as Windows administrator.
- Then go to C:/PrgoramData/Microsoft/Start Menu/ Programs/ Startup
- After that delete the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Now restart and open QuickBooks.
Second case scenario is when you actually have connected your company data and a third party application. In that case follow these steps:
- Completely exit from QuickBooks and Web Connector and close them.
- Then go to C:/ Program Data/ Intuit/ QBWebconnector/ log.
- Now rename the QWLOG.TXT file to QECLOGOLD.TXT.
- Go to Web Connector and open it again.
- Now restart the computer and go to QuickBooks again. Login to the third party application.
Why you need support for QuickBooks Error QBWC1085?
The machine will start now and QuickBooks will open without any error. Now you can successfully sync every data with your third party application. If still some issue occurs there is always the QuickBooks customer support email address and the QuickBooks technical helpline number that you can contact at any time of the day and get your solutions quickly.