What is QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085? – The Reason
This error occurs while trying to open QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions or when you try to start your computer. The first thing that you will see when this type error occurs is one of these two:
- QBWC1085: QuickBooks was not being able to write into the log file. ThusQuickBooks will have to open without writing to log file.
- QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
Also in some of the cases, there is another option to be seen as followed: ExceptionTypeError: Unknown name.
This error basically happens when the file QWCLOG.TXT that the Web Connector Program uses, gets corrupted or becomes inaccessible.
- 1 What are the causes of the QBWC1085 error (web connector) in QuickBooks?
- 2 How to Fix QBWC1085 error?
- 3 1. Press The Keys Windows + R Together
- 4 2. Open Run Window
- 5 3. Choose The Startup Tab
- 6 4. Hit the “Apply” and then “Ok” button
- 7 5. Finally, Restart Your System
- 8 Method : 2
- 9 Method : 3
- 10 How to Fix QBWC1085 Error in windows 10?
- 11 Why you need support for QuickBooks Error QBWC1085?
- 12 ? What is QuickBooks Web Connector?
- 13 ? What is a .QWC file?
- 14 ? How do I install a Web Connector?
What are the causes of the QBWC1085 error (web connector) in QuickBooks?
Web connector type of error is mainly caused because of two different reasons that are:
- When QBWCLOG.TXT file related to web connector program gets corrupted or damaged due to various other reasons
- The next cause is if the QBWCLOG.TXT file of the web connector program is not able to be accessed due to various certain reasons.
Addition causes include:
- When QuickBooks web connector making an attempt to get the information from a third-party utility web-based program
- Disable or remove the component during the startups
- These errors can have a different number after the alphabets QBWC such as 1005 to 1008 which may be associated with the log file any other irregularities with the web connector component or your QuickBooks Desktop.
How to Fix QBWC1085 error?
There are no of ways one can fix the errors. To find out keep reading.
Web Connector is used for connective web-based programs to QuickBooks. Now if QuickBooks is not connected to any third-party programs whatsoever, then simply remove Web Connector directly from the Startup Menu. But, if the data file has been connected to a third-party application which also uses the Web connector, then it is rather advisable to keep the Web Connector in the Startup Menu. You have to rewrite the QWCLOG.TXT file in order to fix this error.
Make sure that the web connector program is enabled before getting started with the troubleshooting steps to remove this error. Now, you are ready to perform the steps that are listed below-
✔ Press The Keys Windows + R Together >> Open Run Window >> Choose The Startup Tab >> Hit the “Apply” and then “Ok” button >> Finally, Restart Your System.
Total Time: 5 minutes
1. Press The Keys Windows + R Together
Initially, press together the keys Windows + R from the keyboard
2. Open Run Window
Next, you can see the run window open then type “MSConfig” and hit Ok button
3. Choose The Startup Tab
Now select the Startup tab. Then find and check the checkbox named QuickBooks Web Connector”
After that click on the “Apply” button and then click on “Ok” button
5. Finally, Restart Your System
Restart the system and check out for the error whether it is fixed or not
Method : 2
- The very first, open the Taskbar and right-click on the icon named “QuickBooks Web Connector”
- Next, hit the Exit button and then open the File Manager Windows
- After that, go to C:\ProgramData\QBWebConnector\log Folder
- In order to select the rename option, you have to right-click on the QWCLOG.TXT file
- Change the name to QWCLOGILD.TXT and then Save it
- Now you can restart your Web Connector program
- In the end, reboot the system and try to open QuickBooks once again.
Method : 3
- If your company data is not connected to a third party program then in that case follow these steps:
- Log in as Windows administrator.
- Then go to C:/PrgoramData/Microsoft/Start Menu/ Programs/ Startup
- After that delete the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Now restart and open QuickBooks.
How to Fix QBWC1085 Error in windows 10?
- Initially, user have to open their Windows Vista, 8, 8.1, or 10
- log in as Windows Administrator
- Next, go to C:\Programdata\Microsoft\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
- Now delete the Web Connector of QuickBooks
- Finally, you can restart the system, and try to open QuickBooks Desktop.
Why you need support for QuickBooks Error QBWC1085?
The machine will start now and QuickBooks will open without any error. Now you can successfully sync every data with your third party application. If still some issue occurs there is always the QuickBooks customer support email address and the QuickBooks technical helpline number that you can contact at any time of the day and get your solutions quickly.
? What is QuickBooks Web Connector?
It is a Microsoft Windows application that allows for the exchange of data with QuickBooks Desktop products (including QuickBooks Financial Software and QuickBooks Point of Sale).
? What is a .QWC file?
QuickBooks Web Connector .QWC files are in fact plain text (XML) files with a. Extension of QWC paper. You are permitted to edit .QWC files that use Windows Notepad, or any other editor of the text.
? How do I install a Web Connector?
Initially, add an application to Web Connector. Next, go to the File menu in QuickBooks Desktop and then select Update Web Services. Select Add Application in the Web Connector window. Now, browse to the .qwc file. At last, select the .qwc files, then Open.