How can you change or reset the password? Passwords are very much sensitive. They are the keys to the virtual locks that protect your online or QuickBooks accounts. If the key or the password reaches to the unauthorized hands, chances are there that your accounts will be misused. Can you think of someone accessing your QuickBooks account? No one can afford to let it happen.
So, if you have forgotten or lost the password, it is essential to reset it. Even if you have not forgotten, you may need to change it periodically to keep the hackers at bay. For security reasons, it is a good practice to periodically change the password. Not to worry if you know not how to reset the forgotten password or change the existing password. You can follow the steps below and learn resetting or changing the QuickBooks password.
- 1 Reasons for QuickBooks password reset
- 2 Recover or Reset the Forgotten or Lost Password for QuickBooks
- 3 Click on I Forgot My Password
- 4 Answer the security question
- 5 Click ‘Close’ to close the window
- 6 Enter the password
- 7 Final Step
- 8 Resetting Password using Reset Code
- 9 Changing the QuickBooks Password
- 10 FAQs
- 11 What and all the information do I require for QuickBooks password reset?
- 12 How do I change my QuickBooks password?
- 13 What is the importance of passwords for QuickBooks?
Reasons for QuickBooks password reset
However, there are various reasons behind changing QB password. Few of them are mentioned below just have a glance:
- All QB password need to change after every 90 days or it prompt to change the password when your password are near to the expiry date
- If you lost or forgot the password then you required to change it
- It is also required to change the password time to time to keep the hackers at bay
- It is necessary to reset the password periodically for security reasons
- Passwords also need to change if your key or the password reaches an unauthorized hand.
Recover or Reset the Forgotten or Lost Password for QuickBooks
If you remember the answer of the challenge question, you can follow the steps below and recover the password:
Total Time: 3 minutes
Click on I Forgot My Password
Click ‘I forgot my password’ on the QuickBooks Desktop login screen.
Answer the security question
Answer the security question by typing it in the prompted space and click ‘OK’.
Click ‘Close’ to close the window
Click ‘Close’ to close the window when you see the prompted message asking you to create the new password.
Enter the password
When you close this window, the Change QuickBooks Password window will open. Enter the password and the new challenge question.
Click ‘OK’ and you will see your file opening.
Resetting Password using Reset Code
You can also reset the password using the Automated Password Reset Tool for QuickBooks Desktop. However, this alternative for resetting password is available only for Admin. Here, you will be provided the Token Number via email which you will be required to enter in the prompted space for the same.
You can then choose the company file for which you need resetting the password. You can then enter the new password in the prompted space then re-enter in the Confirm Password field. At the end, you can click Reset Password and this will complete the process.
Changing the QuickBooks Password
If you have not lost the password and still want to change it; you can do so by following the steps below:
- Open the company file and choose ‘Company’ and then ‘Set Up Users and Passwords’ and then ‘Change Your Password’.
- Enter the current password in the ‘Current Password’ field.
- Enter the new password in the spaces prompted for ‘New Password’ and ‘Confirm New Password’.
- Click ‘OK’ and the process will get over here. You can now access QuickBooks using the new password.
You can contact the QuickBooks support experts in case you face any confusion or difficulty.
What and all the information do I require for QuickBooks password reset?
There are numerous precautions, you are required to authenticate your identity and the entire process required certain information and account details which include the following:
🔸 15 digit license number
🔸 Full name of an authorized contact
🔸 Email ID of that specific contact
🔸 The registered business contact number
🔸 The Zip code is registered with QuickBooks.
How do I change my QuickBooks password?
Here is the easy process to change your QuickBooks password:
🔹 Initially, sign in as an Admin user
🔹 Next, go to the Company and then select “Set up users and password”
🔹 Now, choose “Set up users” option
🔹 After that, enter the appropriate admin password repeatedly
🔹 Choose the users in the list of users that need to change their password
🔹 Enter a new password and then hit “Next” twice
🔹 At last, click on the “Finish” button.
What is the importance of passwords for QuickBooks?
The importance of QuickBooks including:
🔸 It keeps the information verified
🔸 It keeps the software’s data protected