Have you ever wondered how you should void checks or enter the record of void checks in QuickBooks? In fact, there are various reasons why checks are voided. And, the checks once voided need to be recorded in the QuickBooks. But there is no reason why one should panic. It is not all a herculean task to void checks or enter the voided checks in the QuickBooks. However, it is essential to learn the process. This may not be a complicated process, but if you have are learning it for the first time; it may, for sure, consume a few minutes. You can learn voiding the check in the paragraphs below.
Tip#1: How to get rid of QuickBooks Utility Application Pop up easily
Simple Steps to Void Checks within QuickBooks
In the first place, launch QuickBooks and login by entering the username and password in the prompted space.
- Look for ‘Banking’ option and click on it.
- Under ‘Banking’, find and select ‘User Register’.
- Click the account of the check you want to void.
- Find the entry or the check number which you want to void and choose it for voiding.
- Click ‘Edit’ when prompted and then click ‘Void Check’ option.
- Click ‘Yes’ when prompted.
When you click ‘Yes’, QuickBooks will automatically update the journal of the company along with the check voiding date. However, if you want to void the check on the basis of the date of writing the check, you can press ‘No’. If you do so, the journal will not be updated. It will just show that the check was voided.
- For finalizing the process of voiding check, you can click ‘Record’. This will complete the process of voiding the check.
Simple Steps to Void the Paper Check within QuickBooks
- Launch QuickBooks and login to it by entering the required details.
- Find and click ‘Banking’ and select ‘Write checks’.
- Choose the account from which the check is to be voided.
- Find the space for ‘Check number’ and enter the number of the paper check here. You also need to enter the date and other required details of the check. The spaces for entering the details will be prompted and you needn’t worry what to enter.
- Click ‘Edit’ and then click ‘Void check’.
- Click ‘Yes’ when prompted if you want to record the current date. If you want to void the check on the basis of the date of writing the check; click ‘No’.
However, clicking ‘No’ will not update the journal. It will merely show that the check has been voided.
- You can then click ‘Record’ and finalize the check voiding process.
Hope you get the process to void a check in QuickBooks, if you still having any issue? Just call us at anytime.