Is Windows Firewall Blocking QuickBooks? This is really quite disappointing. You cannot afford to turn off the firewall and make your computer vulnerable. And, if firewall is blocking QuickBooks, it is really a difficult situation. However, there is no need to worry. The QuickBooks experts have provided various troubleshooting methods. You can use the troubleshooting methods and resolve the issue. It may appear to be time consuming if you troubleshoot the issue for the first time. However, once you use the troubleshooting method, you will find it quite easy and quick. Below are some troubleshooting methods that can help you resolve the issue of Windows firewall blocking QuickBooks.
Versions We Support:
QuickBooks Desktop & Mac (Pro, Premier & Enterprise):
- QuickBooks 2012
- QuickBooks 2013
- QuickBooks 2014
- QuickBooks 2015
- QuickBooks 2016
- QuickBooks 2017
(Call at Our Phone Number to Stop Windows Firewall from Blocking QuickBooks Services).
Resolving the issue by using QuickBooks File Doctor
- In the first place, you need to download and install QuickBooks File Doctor. It is possible that your computer system already has the QuickBooks File Doctor. The green file doctor icon on your desktop will let you know if it is there. In this case, you needn’t download it again. However, you need to ensure that it is the latest version.
- Let the QuickBooks File Doctor open once it gets installed, or open it by double clicking if your computer already has the application.
- Look for the company file in the dropdown menu and if you do not find it; browse and find it.
- If you suspect that your company file is damaged, you should choose ‘Both the damage and network connectivity’ option. If you are using the multi-user set up of QuickBooks, you should select ‘Network connectivity only’.
- Choose Host/Server or Workstation. Here, you need to be careful in making the right choice. Pick Workstation only if you are running QuickBooks File Doctor on Workstation. In case you are running the QuickBooks File Doctor on a Host/Server computer, it is essential to choose ‘Server’.
- Click ‘Yes’ if the QuickBooks File Doctor is being run on host or server computer. Click ‘No’ if the QuickBooks File Doctor is being run on the Workstation computer.
- Once the QuickBooks File Doctors completes diagnosis and repair, you will see the issue resolved.
You can then close the QuickBooks File Doctor and start using the QuickBooks application. Also, you can configure the exception and ports to the firewall and resolve the issue. Moreover, if you still find it difficult to resolve the issue, you should not delay in contacting the QuickBooks technical support professionals.